This small app monitors how much time you spend in each application, automatically.
Active Timer 1.3.3 (AT-1.3.3.zip, 198 kb)
- Fixed problem with negative times (the main reason I am releasing this interim update)
- Start/Pause is now assigned to enter key, just hit enter and go.
- An easier way to deselect all items (just click on the label, "Sum of times:" — before you had to command click to deselect a selected item)
Active Timer 1.3.2 (AT-1.3.2.zip, 115 kb)
- Gets rid of an infrequent crashing bug.
- Adds basic export to csv functionality.
- Now detects when system goes to sleep and doesn't count that as part of the timer.
- Gets rid of a corrupted plist crashing bug.
Active Timer 1.3 (AT-1.3.zip, 112 kb)
- Now able to track time on a per window basis.
- Keeps more accurate usage data (sub-second precision).
- Improves idle time behavior: when idle is detecting, all time spent while idling is retroactively transferred to the idle category.
- Universal binary.
Active Timer 1.2a (AT-1.2a.zip, 80 kb)
- A preference to enable/disable idle detection (idle detection enabled by
- A dialog box that pops up if the timer is currently running and you try to
quit Active Timer.
- Sum of times displays total sum if no items are selected.
- Memory leak in version 1.2
- Closing the application and opening it again later would not allow you to
continue timing. This has been fixed so you can close and open the app and
continue your running timers.
- Saving/opening files got broken at some point, I think (maybe not in a
release version). Either way, it works now.